Here we go.

20 March 2008

The Arkansas River is not a toy!

Yesterday evening, before supper, we went to Murray Park to look at the AR River. It was incredible and intimidating. With all of the rain, the river is swollen & full, it looks as if it can just reach out and pull you in! I've heard that in some parts, it has breached the bank!

With Big Dam Bridge and Pinnacle Mtn. in the background:
Photobucket
You can see a faint moon in this one:
Photobucket
Obviously the pictures do no justice, but if you've the opportunity, go look, from a safe distance, at the river!

Last nite, we bought our first piece of luggage together. It is HUGE. Basically, it's like we've added another closet to the house, it is that big. It'll be easy to spot in a sea of black suitcases since it is a lovely shade of burnt sienna.

I think a good remedy to what ails me (READ: WORK) is a nice day-trip to Pinnacle Mtn. Park to grill, play games & enjoy good company. My mind & body are working together to tell me to go outside. I can only agree!

Well, it looks like our neighborhood is bracing itself for the NCAA Men's Basketball tourney. All trees and flower beds have been freshly mulched, all parking lots have been cordoned off, and the NLRPD have their forces ready. It might be worth the people-watching to go out and walk around this evening. We need to fill out our brackets, which I really don't know how to do, but I'd like to see how well I do in my swami-style forecasting. I read online that it shouldn't interfere with our LOST viewing, which is a very good thing.

Lindsey Miller did a bit on brackets on his blog. Scroll down a bit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need to work on a grocery list!

No comments:

Blog Archive